Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

strange debugging behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin123123

Programmer
Jun 23, 2003
NO
any one has experienced this?
when i add a breakpoint and step line by line in the code, it sometimes ignore a line or two. the blue dots at the left side of the code are also very misplaced, and lots of them are placed at blank lines. And other lines with execution code doesn't have a dot at all.

My debugger wasn't like this two weeks ago in this project. I have added lots of stuff in my code, and maybe there is something wrong there, but then again, I should have got error messages from the compiler.

Turn off optimization (Project/Options.../Compiler tab)

You'll see this sort of behaviour if you follow these steps:

Run your program from within the IDE as usual. While it's running, make changes to your source code. If you attempt to step through the code while it's running, you'll be asked the question - 'Source has been modified - recompile?' or similar. If you say No to this, then quit the program, and run it again, it WON'T recompile automatically as usual. You must explicitly compile your program again.

Hope that helps.

i had this problem too but it seemed to be for a specific project and persistent across ide startups. couldn't fix it though, it was really annoying.

i hope the optimisation thing works, but i've only had that problem with one project and i usually have optimisation on (at times) for every project.

best of luck, let us know if it's the optimisation, or if you find any other solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back