Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange configuration changes on IP 500 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbarry722

Technical User
Jan 31, 2013
GB
Hi Folks.

Just looking a bit of advice here. We have the Avaya IP 500 and has been working fine this past while but over the past couple of days, I've noticed a few strange configuration issues. One of the phones I had working stopped receiving calls. It would dial extensions with no issues but I noticed that the line was presenting on button 3 (1403 phone) but should normally present on button 1.

I looked at the phone via the Office Manager Software and noticed in the button programming section that buttons 1 and 2 were empty - They should have been showing Appearance and a=1 on button 1 action data field and b=1 on button 2 action data field

I've also noticed a number of extensions have additional buttons programmed in - something I didn't do but I'm the only one with access to the system bar BT who can come in remotely i'm led to believe

I've looked at users who are working and notice that button 1 and 2 are locked for editing so, the only way I could change the offending ones was to save a good one as a template then delete the offending user and recreate the user using the template. User(phone) works fine after that.

I suppose, my question is, how have these users(phone) started having strange configurations made and if the button program slots were lcoked, how were they able to be changed?

Hope this all makes sense

Declan

Check the SSA and look at the resources then control unit audit. This will tell you who or how it was changed. Sounds like you might have been hacked.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back