Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

strange classpath behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

purpledawn

Programmer
Jun 21, 2001
US
Hi. A couple of times now Tomcat 3.2.3 has stopped recognizing classes in .jar files for no apparent reason. What happens is that the startup window just flashes when I run the startup.bat file, and Tomcat does not run. If I put the .jar file in the JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext folder, then it will start up. I don't understand the significance of the ext folder, not why tomcat suddenly decides to stop recognizing certian jars, and not all at once either, but a couple at a time!

I know I should upgrade, but the an application that I use supports only 3.2.3 for now.

Thanks.

Have you checked the value on TOMCAT_HOME? Startup.bat (in the bin dir) uses this. Also, check tomcat.bat (called by startup.bat) to ensure that your classpath being built correctly. I found that I have to use staticClassPath and explicitly list my jars that are in the lib directory of TOMCAT_HOME.

Cheers,AA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back