Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange Cell Movement when protecting a Sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

newfrontiers

Programmer
Oct 17, 2001
US
Help. After two days of trying to figure this out - I can't. I have a protected Excel sheet with 10 unlocked cells so that users can only enter information into these cells.

I have the cursor move Down upon tab or Enter. However, the cursors jumps as follows (row numbers):

1,3,2,4 and rotations through these cells without getting to the other 6 cells. Then when you move the cursor to row 5 the sequence is 5,6,7,10,8,9

I have cleared all ranges and checked underlying VBA and there is nothing apparent. It almost seems like a Tab Stop concept is being used. I understand that there is no concept in Excel, but that is how the cursor is acting.

This is a complex model so I will have a lot of reconfiguring, if I just create a new sheet and start over.

I'm using Excel 2003.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks, John

Hi,

Remove the cell direction option.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Try RIGHT for the ENTER key.

The TAB, automatically does it correctly, right?

Skip,
[sub]

What version of Excel?

What OPTIONS are selected in the Sheet Protection?

Every other cell is LOCKED and only these 10 are UNLOCKED?

Skip,
[sub]

I'm using 2003. The only option clicked on Protection is Select Unlocked Cells. All other cells, except these 10 are unlocked.

Do you have named ranges that affect these cells?

A man has only two choices: He can be right or he can be happy.

Are there any MERGED cells?

Skip,
[sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back