Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange Call Tree Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinopunk

IS-IT--Management
May 12, 2004
US
I have just recently taken over a Option 61 and have been fixing some pretty odd things, but so far the oddest thing I've seen here is when someone calls in to our main number, they get the standard greeting with option. When they press zero for the operator, there are times that the call gets transfered to a regular employees voice mail box (so far 2 different mailboxes). by the 3rd time I finally get an operator. I'm at a loss on how to go about troublshooting this one. Anyone with any ideas?

TIA

CM

do you have a time of day contoller? it can send you to different voice services and each of those could have a different revert dn configured.
also is this call pilot or meridian mail?

also check to make sure you operator station isn't overflowing to the other mailbox or mailboxes or being put into night mode which would make it go to another ext.

mer mail or call pilot? in mermail from the main menu option 3 then option 4 then option 1 and look at the voice service dn table, you'll see a service discription of the dialed dn. that will tell you if you have a time of day, a menu service or whatever..from their go to that service type and the problems will begin to clear up.. both post above are very good things to cause the problems you have, their are others

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

we are running Mer mail.

Here is what I have for the main prompt.

Voice Services-DN Table
dn 8300 service TD 8300 comment MAIN NO.

The TOD is set to 8:00 to 5:00.

How /where do I check for console overflow?

~~~~
something that may help - I have RSI Shadow installed and noticed that my consoles (4) were only recording 10-20 calls per day from the outside. I made some test call last night and this is where I started to see the problem.

ld 21 prt att
aodn att overflow dn..also check the nite data, ld 21 per nit.. if the console goes into nites that comes into effect

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Ok, this may be part of my problem... there is no AODN

REQ: prt
TYPE: att
TYPE ATT_DATA
CUST 0

TYPE ATT_DATA
CUST 00
OPT AHD BIND BIXD BLD
DNX IC1 XTG IDP XLF XBL
FKA MWUD LOD
REA SYA ATDA
ATDN 0
NCOS 4
CWUP YES
CWCL 1 3
CWTM 2 6
CWBZ YES YES
MATT NO
RTIM 30 30 30
ATIM 0
SPVC 00
SBLF NO
RTSA RSAD
SACP NO
ABDN NO
IRFR NO
XRFR NO
IDBZ NO
PBUZ 02 10
ICI 00
ICI 01 DL0
ICI 02 RLL
ICI 03 INT
ICI 04
ICI 05 IAT
ICI 06
ICI 07
ICI 08
ICI 09
RICI
~~~~~

NIT

TYPE NIT_DATA
CUST 00
NIT1 2222
TIM1
NIT2
TIM2
NIT3
TIM3
NIT4
TIM4
ENS NO

no you don't need an overflow dn for it to work right, look at the dn 0, and see what it is defined as...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Looks like they are the right consoles...

~~~~~
DN 0
CPND
NAME ATTENDANT
XPLN 9
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
TYPE ATT
TN 020 0 02 00 28 JUN 2004
(2250)
TN 020 0 13 00 28 JUN 2004
(2250)
TN 020 1 08 00 28 JUN 2004
(2250)
TN 012 0 06 00 31 AUG 2004
(2250)

you might need to check the nite prompt on your trunks, some of those may have an entry that send inbound to strange places, your dn "0" is not the cause, i use an acd for 0 for a more flexible number.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

techman..am i reading this one right, some callers end up at remote ext during off hours?.. he's looked at nite, tod (in mail) idc, ovdn... i would be at a point to capture a tnb and search for the dn it ends up on..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I agree, he needs to trace out where these calls are being sent and see how those sets are programmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back