Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange Call Forwarding issue 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcc1000

Vendor
Aug 26, 2013
US
Hello all,
Have a weird situation here with call forwarding.
System is a 9.1.12, embedded voicemail.
User at Ext. 128 has his phone to forward unconditional & forward internal calls to his cell 915xxxxxxxxx
Only the receptionist cannot connect to him via dialing 128, all other phones in the office can dial 128 & reach him on his cell.
Tried deleting his cell & reapplying it, still not working. She says she gets a recording of all the digits after the 5 but not including the 5. So just hears the xxxxxxxxx.
Deleted his cell number & put in mine 916xxxxxxxxx & it works to my cell.
They have another Ext 129 that's forward the same way to the same area code but different number 915xxxxxxxxx & this works to contact that user's cell phone dialing the 129.
Rebooted the phone system, had her reset her phone, then even found out his cell is local & don't need to dial the 1+ 5xx area code.
She still hears the same recording even after I removed the 15xx.
I do see in Monitor & System Status when she tries, the full correct number???
They are using a PRI circuit.
Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

In Monitor, go to the ISDN tab and select all the boxes. Do the test again and see if the full number goes out in ISDN messages, including the 5. If you don't see it there, then work backwards into the IP Office. Monitor should show something and it sounds like it is in the Shortcodes. For instance, custom shortcodes in the Reception User.

Been there, done that

Thanks for the tip, PhoneMn.
After I turned on all the ISDN it did show his whole cell number.
After trying all sorts of different things, I finally thought having her try calling the 128 from a different phone Ext 111 that she said it always worked from.
Then looking at the Monitor I seen Ext's 111 personal DID number was included. Where in his short code I have for only him if he wants to dial 7 + a number to broadcast that out for caller ID.
The receptionist Ext 100 had no DID number. So, I assigned her a spare one that they have & did the 7 + number in her short code.
Then all is working.
Where before in Monitor it would only show her Ext. 100 where 111's DID number is.
The 128-user said he has Sprint & I even tried the receptionist's cell number (that didn't work) & she said she has T-Mobile.
Back to the beginning when I said Ext. 129 worked for the receptionist to call his Ext. & he has his forward to his cell, he must have a different provider than those two.
Even when I put my cell number to test & it worked (I have U.S Cellular) the caller ID to me was only +1 00 which I thought was weird.
Anyways, like I said all is good, hopefully this may help others [smile]
Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back