Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange BCM Issue 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rval80

Technical User
Sep 23, 2009
US
We have a new customer who had a BCM 400 sw 3.5 installed by another vendor a few years back. I went out to the site yesterday for the first time to do a PRI cutover. I noticed that all lights on the front of the BCM with exception to the power, and the temperature lights were blinking green. All the phones and voicemail were functioning, the only two issues were that the time was wrong and according to the customer, has been wrong for 6 months and I couldn't log into the system. Since I didn't need to do any programming, I left it because I was nervous about doing a reboot. Any ideas what the issue could be or has anyone else had this issue before? Thanks!

Check the bft tray. If the caps r green replace. There was an issue a few yrs back and nortel had a free replacement pgm which is now over.

I agree with Dasheen. I have changed out a dozen, but it could also be the MSC which I have seen cause the same issue.

I have allso seen this happen when a customer had a short power outage, a controlled reset should fix it.

but you still need to check the BFT as Dasheen said

If its not broke tweak it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back