Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stranded Exchange 5.5 X.400 Site in System Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliftgw

MIS
Apr 17, 2002
US
We joined have environment in which we have an exchange 5.5 site with 50+ Exchange 5.5 X.400 connected Sites. We added Exchange 2000 to the existing Exchange 5.5 site with an ADC. We are migrating users from our Exchange 5.5 x.400 connected sites to Exchange 2000 then disconnecting the exchange 5.5 X.400 connected sites. We removed one Exchange 5.5 X.400 site from the Organization a while back. It is no longer seen on the Exchange 5.5 side but is seen in System Manager. Since then we have removed other Exchange 5.5 X.400 Sites they have been removed from System Manager.

My question is basically how do I remove the stranded site from System Manager. I am assumming I will use ADSI edit. If that is correct I need to know exactly what I should look for and what I should delete.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Delete the Admin Group (5.5 Site) from AD. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

In System Manager there is no way to delete this group. It is there but it is greyed out so you can not do anything against it. So my question is how do I delete something System Manager knows about but apparently does not have rights to delete. In Exchnage 5.5 you could have used RAW mode, however we do not seem to have this capability in System Manager. ADSI Edit Allows me to delete users and containers but does not appear to see admin groups per se.

Problem is this stranded site is getting information quequed to it since system thinks it still exists.

I believe I may have found way to do it. I would like confimation. I go into adsi edit select configuration conatiner then select administrative groups. I can see the stranded container and I can do a delete on it. If I delete it will that take care of it? Or are there other places I need to delete? Also if I delete this will it force any type of complete resynch on my ADC connections. I don't think so but with 150,000 users a complete resync can be ugly.

Yeah that and ldp are the only way.

Delete it :p Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Thank you I did it Friday night and all went well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back