Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

straight dial tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaahvaya

MIS
Aug 20, 2004
CA
hi - i am trying to tti phones in but all i get is a constant dial tone...i enter the codes, pass, ext, etc all i get is a straight dial tone. Does anyone know what causes this or how this could be fixed? thank you!

Make sure your SAT isn't in a change mode.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

SAT? sorry not sure what you mean by that...thanks for the help

what 98Converter said was make sure that there is not someone is the swich via a terminal or Avaya Site Admin with a 'change blah blah blah' command up.

also do 'cha sys fea' and go to the second page and make sure that TTI is set to 'Y'.

thanks for the help guys - no one was in..i'm the only admin :) and yes tti is in...looks like a bad port to me...let me know if you have any other possible leads..it is a really old pbx btw g3si v6 thanks.

Have you tried to move it to another digital port on a different digital board and get the same result?

If it is a bad port, just do a 'mark port XXXXXXX (i.e. 02C1421)' until you get a replacement board.

Hi,

I was trying out the command "mark port xxxxxxx" and when i do a list conf of that board, the port shows up as "u". I believe this ports becomes un-usable.
How do you i get it back to work. I was trying it out on a good port. Is this port not usable forever ?

Help me.

You need maintenance permissions to "clear port xxxxxxx". That will take it out of your marked ports list.

Mike Jones
Louisiana State University Health Sciences center

'u' on a station port indicates that it is not unassigned. TTI has not been fully enabled. When TTI is on the spare station ports will show up as a 't'.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back