Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stored Procedures in Impromptu 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

badhri

Programmer
Apr 8, 2001
US
Hi,
I was evaluating Cognos Impromptu 5.0. I learnt that we can implement Stored Procedures in Impromptu 6.0 version. Can anyone help me in explaining the actual process involved in implementing this. Is there any other new features available in Cognos Impromptu 6.0 compared to Impromptu 5.0. Please notify me of the same too.

Thanks for your advise.

Dave and prasad, do you guys use powerplay enterprise server for cube conenction?

I am having performance problem on remote connection?

Another bit of info on SP reports. I found that the SQL Cognos created from our prompts didn't run very well (WHERE col IN ___, ____, ____), so I tried creating the SQL dynamically in the SP and it works. I use IF statements to analyze the prompt values that are passed into the SP and build the SQL as a string. I run the SQL using "open output_cursor for sql_all;" with:
"TYPE cur_var IS REF CURSOR"
in the spec, and
"output_cursor_var OUT cur_var"
as an output parm.

This gives us greater control of how the SQL is structured(ie, don't join to a certain table, if the user doesn't use that particular prompt).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back