Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stored Procedures and date range QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belky

Programmer
Mar 25, 2002
US
Hi,
I am using an oracle database and writing my stores procedures to report off in PL/SQL. I have a report requireing Date Range paramaters. When I create this and test it in PL/SQL it runs fine. However when I try and open it as a new report in Crystal I get oracle errors. My thoughts are this is to do with the format of the date paramater. Does anyone have any information on using date ranges as paramaters from stores procedures to reports and also how to then use these within the report. I need a 'between' function or something similar so I can create an equation which says if (table.field = somewhere between Paramater 1 and paramater 2) then display value.
If anyone has any information a speady reply would be greatly appreciated.

what kind of datatypes does your stored proc parameter has for storing the Date Range parameter from the Crystal?
Of what I know is that you can't have a data type as array that Crystal supports.
Were you able to figure out what Crystal sends if the parameter is sent to the database as Date Range?
I am also currently developing on the same lines but then I switched over to 2 date parameters instead of Date Range.

Let me know what are your thoughts...

Rooble

Rooble,
I am acutally passing through two date paramaters but calcualting them on the report as a date range. However I still can not get the Date's to pass through. Any examples would be greatly appreciated.
Thanxs.
bel.

Belky,

You have to ensure that the data types of the parameters on the Crystal as well as the Stored Proc. are exactly the same whether it's the date type or the varchar2 type.
If not then you can create formulas within Crystal to conform them to SP type.
Why don't you use the stored proc. parameters itself, what is the need of bringing in Crystal paramters ?

Rooble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back