Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stored Procedure returning Multiple records

Status
Not open for further replies.

regisacc

Programmer
Apr 24, 2002
US
Hi ,
I have created a procedure to return multiple record set but I am unable to execute it. Can any one help me with this.
I get the error when executing this procedure saying that variable 'CURSOR ' must be declared.

Here is and example code:

CREATE OR REPLACE package reftest as
cursor c1 is select ename from emp;
type empCur is ref cursor return c1%ROWTYPE;
Procedure GetEmpData(en in varchar2,EmpCursor in out empCur);
END;
CREATE OR REPLACE package body reftest as
Procedure GetEmpData
(en in varchar2,EmpCursor in out empCur) is
begin
open EmpCursor for select ename from emp where ename
LIKE en;
end;
end;

There is nothing wrong with your procedure. The error is probably in your call. Try this one:

declare
mEn varchar2(100);
mCur reftest.empCur;
mEmp reftest.c1%rowtype;
begin
reftest.GetEmpData(mEn, mCur);
fetch mcur into mEmp;
end;

Thank YOu. I appreciate your response.
My problem is to create a Crystal report using this stored procedure returning multiple rows. Do you have any ideas?
By the way wher are you passing the in parameter in the above call.

Crystal reports can only use a stored procedure that returns a REFCURSOR - Look in the PlSql docs for details on how to create this type...

hth
[profile]

My problem was with drivers . I had to use CR Oracle v3.6 drivers to get multiple records from Stored procedure.

Thank You.

when i press add in the crystal reports data explorer window, i get the error saying, " the identifier 'procedure name' not declared". but, this procedure is in the database. how do i retrieve the fields? and make this work?
thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back