Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stored Procedure Problems using MSS 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrBee

Programmer
Mar 14, 2002
US
I am connecting a Cold Fusion application through an ODBC connection to an NT4 server with MS SQL Server 2000 client installed. After connecting successfully all features seemed to work perfectly excepted stored procedures. My application doesn't seem to recognize them. Is it possible that they aren't available under this configuration or should I be looking elsewhere.

You should be able to execute stored procedures: I can't see reason that they wouldn't be available.

It's difficult to diagnose with the information you provided. You might get a helpful response in the CF forum: forum232 (where calling SPs from CF must have been solved many times.)

The stored procedure problem was resolved. The problem was that I was using a "datetime" variable as one of the arguments but MSS 2000 demanded that the variable be typed as "timestamp". It treated the datetime vaiable as a missing parameter.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back