Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stored procedure on report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

A0C61ZZ

IS-IT--Management
Oct 29, 2003
IN
Hello,
I'm using pB 8.0 along with Sybase. I have a report that has data source as a stored procedure. I changed the stored procedure in the db to add one more column. Now when I try to include that column in the report from the stored procedure, the new column is not showing up in the list of columns for that modified stored procedure in the datawindow painter.
Any suggestions please?
Thanks,
- A0C61ZZ

Sounds like typical PB behavior. You will either have to create the report all over from scratch or edit the source of the datawindow and add the new column manually. There may be a better way but I've always used one of these two options.

Matt

"Nature forges everything on the anvil of time

Dear A0C61ZZ,

Have u tried export and import option ? Export dw. Edit the srd file manually and import it back.

Regards,
Abhijit.

When the change the retrieval set from the stored proc, you will still need to go into the data source definition grid and add the new field. PB will not do that for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back