Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stored Procedure - No Data on Subreport Re-Import

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabruno

MIS
Apr 4, 2001
US
I am using CR 8.5(sp1) with Oracle 8.1.7.

I have added a stored procedure in a subreport and it works fine. Even from the Main Report. I get data and everthing.

However, after I re-import the subreport into the main, and run the report again, I get no data in the report. The strange thing is that there are repcords in the table that the cursor is based on.

To get the report to work again, I have to delete the parameters for the sub-report, re-import and then define the parameters again.

Is this normal? Has anyone experience this problem?

Thanks

Have seen this before and [me thinks] it has to do with how the report is recognizing the sub and what it is storing internally for the params. Something up with the param indexing after you re-import it doesn't know where to put the records.

Cheers,

SurfingGecko
Home of Crystal Ease

Thanks for the info.

I guess I will have to try defining the parms differently, have to give that some thought.

Also, I will try the recent hot fix, although I have not had muck luck with them.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back