Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stored Procedure in Teradata.(urgent please!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

susheeltips

Programmer
Nov 8, 2001
US
Hi!

I created a simple stored procedure and executed it, the error that was shown is as follows:

5547: Internal Error: VC++ compiler not installed.

Can someone help me what to do? It is very urgent please.

Thanks in advance.

Make sure you have a C compiler on your system,
and that you have enough space in your user_account.
Good luck.

Hi,
Make sure you have the Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 compiler installed on your Teradata TPA nodes. It is the only Compiler teradata has certified for Stored procedures.

Now since you don't know which NODE on a multinode system your session's PE is going to be assigned to you must have a LEGALLY installed version of the compiler on every node in your system.

Hi!

Thank u guys for the response, let me tell u that i am currently using the demo version of Teradata and it is installed on Win2000 and all the client tools are also on the same system. I do not have VC++ compiler and would it do if i am installing only VC++ from the visual studio pack. Otherwise what is the name of the compiler so that i can search my sys to find if it is present.

Any other suggestions are wellcome.

bye,

Hi,
Yes you can install just the Visual Studio 6.0 C++ compiler without installing Visual Basic, Fox Pro, J++ and the other things Visual Studio supports.

I might also suggest that after installing it you might want to also install Visual Studio Service pack 5 or 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back