Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stored Procedure from Access Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krystoff

MIS
Sep 18, 2002
US
Hi all,

I am new to using Access projects and I am trying to write a stored procedure that will act as the recordsource for a form.

The procedure is called GetRecordSource.

Here is the code:

Create Procedure GetRecordsource
(
@DECustID int
)

As
SELECT *
FROM Data_Cust
WHERE CustID = @DECustID

The recordsource on my form is GetRecordSource.

The InputParameters section is this
@DECustID = Forms!getcustid

GetCustID is a field that is populated by a search form. When the user selects a record, the OnCurrent event populates the main form with the CustID of the current record and then rqueries the main form using forms!data_entry!requery.

Is there something I am doing wrong? Why isn't this working? Any help is appreciated.

Chris

What version of access are you using? How is access getting the data from SQL server, through a pass through query or some other means?

You should be able to just set up a linked table to the Data_Cust table in SQL server. After that you can use the linked table like any other access table.

-Mike

Hello Mike!

I am using Access 2000 and using the new feature they brought out called Access Projects. It hooks directly to a SQL server or an MSDE Database and in this case I am hooked directly to a SQL Server 7.0 database.

Access Projects are a little different that Access Databases. They have quite a bit of extra functionality in some areas and not as much in others. This seems to be what I need to get my multi user db up and running.

Chris

This is just a guess as I never used projects, but I think your problem is you are not executing the stored procedure anywhere. I doubt that requery executes a stored procedure but only an Access query. We did this kind of thing (before projects) by creating a passthrough query with the execute statement and changing the execute statement at run-time to update the variable. Hopefully Projects has a less awkward way to do it. Look in help under executing stored procedures and see what you find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back