Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stored Proc Prompts through url not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

sqlDB

Programmer
Apr 11, 2005
IN
I created a Stored Proc with two parms @startdate smalldatetime
and @enddate smalldatetime

where clause is schdate between @startdate and @enddate

the report runs perfect through Crystal 8.0
but when running it through a URL it just seems like its not even getting the prompts passed to it.

Did you ever get this situation resolved? I also am having trouble passing values through the URL to my stored procedure.

Datetimes work best when sent in the format

datetime(yyyy,mm,dd,hh,mm,ss) as opposed to a string like

MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS

Lisa

We are not passing any datetimes. We have a main report with 2 parameters (number and string) and six subreports. The fourth subreport that is accessed is based on a stored procedure that takes 2 parameters (cursor and number). When calling the report through a URL, the values for the subreport parameters are not being passed correctly. In testing, we have added a parameter to the first subreport that is accessed--and it is not appearing! If we don't pass any prompts through the URL, the prompts are received as expected, entered, and the report returns correctly.
We are using CR 8.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back