Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Store Procedure Declaration

Status
Not open for further replies.

leira

Programmer
Jun 26, 2008
Hi @ all,

what's my mistake?
I want to build up a table with relevant row-count information of specific tables in the database.
Therefor in the first step I create a temp-table with all relevant tables from dbc and the sql-queries to select the data.
After then I loop with a cursor around every entry in this table and generate a dynamic sql to insert the table and row-count
information in the target table.
But I get different failure messages and don't know why.
I had a look at the examples in the SQl-Reference,too. There is no END Definition before the DECLARE Statements and the
declarations are the same like mine.

error messages:

SPL1027:E(L14), Missing/Invalid SQL statement'E(3707):Syntax error, expected something like an 'END' keyword between ';' and the 'DECLARE' keyword.'.
SPL1027:E(L15), Missing/Invalid SQL statement'E(3707):Syntax error, expected something like an 'END' keyword between ';' and the 'DECLARE' keyword.'.
SPL1027:E(L18), Missing/Invalid SQL statement'E(3707):Syntax error, expected something like an 'END' keyword between ';' and the 'DECLARE' keyword.'.
SPL1030:E(L19), Referring to undefined cursor 'tblcursor'.
SPL1027:E(L21), Missing/Invalid SQL statement'E(3707):Syntax error, expected something like a 'DO' keyword between ')' and the 'FETCH' keyword.'.
SPL2001:E(L24), Undefined symbol 'ctbl'.
SPL2001:E(L24), Undefined symbol 'sql_str'.

I work on a Teradata RELEASE V2R.06.02.02.30
Thanks for every help.

Leira

Procedure

CREATE PROCEDURE table_facts
(IN DBase VARCHAR(30))
BEGIN

CREATE TABLE tables
AS ( SELECT
CAST('SELECT country, cdate, ccode, COUNT(*) AS rowcnt FROM ' || TRIM(tt.Tablename) || ';' AS VARCHAR(1000)) AS sql_str
, CAST(TRIM(tt.Tablename) AS VARCHAR(30)) AS ctbl
FROM ( SELECT TableName FROM dbc.tables
WHERE TableKind = 'T'
AND TRIM(DatabaseName) = '' || :DBase || ''
AND TRIM(TableName) LIKE '%_c') tt
) WITH DATA ;

DECLARE sql_str VARCHAR(1000) ;
DECLARE ctbl VARCHAR(30) ;
DECLARE tblcursor CURSOR FOR
SELECT sql_str, ctbl FROM tables
ORDER BY 2 ;

OPEN tblcursor ;

WHILE (SQLCODE = 0)
FETCH tblcursor INTO sql_str, ctbl ;
DELETE FROM tables_info ;
CALL DBC.SysExecSQL (
'INSERT INTO tables_info (table_name, country, cdate, ccode, rowcnt) SELECT ''' || :ctbl || ''',a1.* FROM (' || :sql_str || 'GROUP BY 1,2,3) a1' ) ;
END WHILE ;

CLOSE tblcursor ;

END ;

I am not sure why you want this SP, but anyways the WHILE needs a DO as well as an END WHILE. As in

WHILE x > 0
DO
something
END WHILE;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back