Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Store Locator code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier52

Technical User
Feb 24, 2003
US
Hi,
I have built a MS Access Database with over 300 retail stores listed. I would now like to create a page in the site where visitors can input in a search box the initials for the state and it will go to the database. I have Dreamweaver MX and Ihave created the site and created the connection but nobody's talking yet... Any suggestions?

Make the state selection into a drop down menu with all of the states in then direct the form to result.asp on this page just create a recordset that pulls all records that match the form variable.

[Peace][Pipe]
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

Thank you for the reply however the majority of it flew over my head. Create a drop down list... this is done in dreamweaver mx? direct it to results.asp... how do I do this? Thanks.

rtfm

[Peace][Pipe]
If you don't stand up for something, you'll fall down. Toke it Easy.
Howard Marks.

LOL @ Cheech .....r u out of your stash & little gumpy

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

[shocked] [hippy] [shocked]

Cheech

[Peace][Pipe]
If you don't stand up for something, you'll fall down. Toke it Easy.
Howard Marks.

: LOL :

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back