Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Store.exe Process

Status
Not open for further replies.

cold1s

Technical User
Mar 14, 2002
US
Every night the Exchange Server goes through some process where it taxes out the processor 100%. The process that runs at 99% is store.exe. I can not figure out what is going on and the only way to correct it is to reboot the server every day. This is becoming a problem. Does anyone know how to fix this problem.

do you have to reboot, or can you just restart the IS? Next time, try stopping the MTA or the IMC service, see if that helps.

I have to reboot. I have tried stopping all of those services and in different order. All I get is timeouts

hi ,

i am also facing this problem, i found the cause to be the IS maintenance which by default starts at 1 am till 6 am. but i am also looking for the solution

thanks
anil

I am running norton but i have already take that possiblity out of the mix. bindal if you find the solution please let me know

I had a similar problem, about mid-day the process store.exe would go to 100% usage, exchange would also stop processing user logins. I used the offline defrag and logical maintenance tools (isinteg). After running these, exchange has run without a problem so far. Both of these tools take a extended period to run, and the IS has to be offline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back