Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STORE.EXE at 99%CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatboy69

Technical User
May 15, 2002
AU
Hi,

I currently have an issue that has got me stumped.

I have an Exchange 5.5 SP4 (with post SP4 Store.exe) running on NT4.0sp6A. The Priv and Pub store 9.5 and 3.7 respectviley. My problem is that the Store, when started sits on 99%. OK. I have no errors in the Event viewer. I have run a Repair, Defrag and check using ESEUTIL on both DB's- all resturned no errors. I have created a new MDBDATA directory and when I fired it up it worked fine Store.exe was doing nothing on the CPU, I then restored the old directory, used ISINTEG.exe -patch and came back but Store went straight up again. . I have disabled INOCULATE 4.5 Email scanning so that is not casuing a problem. i have eliminated the queues etc. RRGGH!!

Wierd thing is I can quite happily do things on the server as if this wasnt happening- it is only Email that is effected. It is causing slow connections for clients and slow inbound and outbound traffic.

Can anyone also post the right syntax for ISITEG.exe for a check and fix.

Cheers,

FB.

Hi there,

I had the same problem, McAfee GroupShield is the cause

The latest datfile does not work with an old scan engine.

Got to Mcafee, download the latest Sdat (with engine 8)

and your problem is solved (mine was!).

Gr,

CyclopS

Thanks for youre reply but I am running Inoculate 4.5. I know there is a problem with Inoculate 6 aswell.

I have trawled the worlds forums endlessly.

FB.

Solved it. Installed Groupshield.....Only kidding!!.

Got all my users to export their mail between the hour that the first corrupt message came into the IMC and bobs your uncle.

Pretty big but I didnt really want to use exmerge!

FB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back