Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Store and Forward? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

smikes19

MIS
Oct 18, 2001
US
Hi,
Is it at any way possible for Notes to forward email while at the same time, saving a copy of that email in a user's mail database? From the looks of the Names and Address Book, you can only either forward messages or not.

You will need to create an agent in the mail database.
Create the Agent and give it an name like - Forward Mail.
Make it a Shared Agent.
For When should this agent run? - select After New Mail Has Arrived.
Click on Add Action.
Select Send Mail Message.
Fill your name into the To: field.
Add a Subject like - Forwarded Mail.
Check off Include copy of document.
Click OK.
Hit ESC and save the agent.

The agent will now be active. To disable it, click View - Agents and uncheck the agent. When you want it active again, recheck the agent.

CyberRick01,
Thanks for the reply. I hadn't thought about using an agent to forward mail. I'll give it a shot, but I was ideally hoping that the mail could be 'aliased' somehow, so that the SMTP headers would stay as the original.

Thanks!

a way of doing that for internet mail would be to create a group in the nab, enter your internet email address in the internet address field of the group document, remove it from your person document, and add your notes email address + your external email address to the member field of the group document.

(requires that the server has lookup email address enabled for outgoing smtp mail.)
Woonjas
IRC: #notes on EFNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back