Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

StorageTek 9730 Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

BossHogg58

Programmer
Oct 12, 2002
US
What is the setup procedure for a StorageTek Timberwolf 9730 storage library on a Windows 2000 server? Also where can I get the drivers for the library?

There are no drivers for the library with Windows 2000. It will install as a generic media changer.

What type of drives are in the library?

What backup software will you be using to backup to the Library?

The drives are DLT 3570's and I will be using VeraToss Back-up exec. Any suggestions on what to do to get this thing up and running?

Make sure you turn off the Remote Storage on Windows 2000 and use the Veritas Device Drivers for the tape drives. Make sure your Library SCSI ID is lower than the tape drive ID's.

Quantum 3570 drives is not the correct name to be used, I guess you mean DLT7000 drives.
The library concerned only supports STK versions of the DLT4000 & 7000. If the drives are not directly supplied by STK, they will not work. You cannot change drive personalities.
Make sure that you are at the latest DLT7000 code for STK which is V107. It is by far the best.
It does not matter what address the library uses at all with regards to the library/drives, but some applications get problems.......!
Slow data is fast death to DLT drives (and lots of others too!) and the media.

Schotte,
BigBoss is referring to his drives being of type DLT 35/70, also known as DLT7000.

team,
do you know where can I get firmware upgrades for both the Timberwolf 9730 robotics and the DLT7000 drives ? STK has removed everything from their Internet site...

Cheers,

Ricardo

Comtec17
What/where is CRC? Is this a link off the STK site?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back