Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Storage space

Status
Not open for further replies.

polymath5

MIS
Dec 23, 2000
US
Hi All, Not sure if this is the best forum for this.

I have a user that drags Outlook 2003 email messages to a WS2003 server folder for storage. After doing 3 or 4 she gets a message popup that says "Not enough Storage Room to complete Operation" There is plenty (300GB) of space on the server drive and over 60GB free on her local drive. She obviously has rights to the folder as she can do several with no problems.

We are not running exchange, the emails are being copied out of her .pst inbox.

2 other people in her dept. do this and don't get the error. I'm kind of at a loss what to look for. I don't see anything in the event logs that looks like it has any bearing on this problem.

Ideas Appreciated!

=============
Mens et Manus
=============

Thanks for the great link. But No quotas are being used. The checkbox is unchecked.

The other user in her department doesn't have any problem doing the same copy to folder (same folder) workflow.

Perplexing to say the least.

=============
Mens et Manus
=============

No errors in the event log of her system or the server. First place I looked to see if anything was wacked. Talk about odd.

This morning she's not had a problem yet. It usually happens later in the day. But it's not a network or system load issue as there is actually less activity later than now.

Thanks again!

=============
Mens et Manus
=============

Well, no joy in Muddville. She still has the problem. The exact wording is "Error copying File or Folder" "Not enough storage is available to process this command." She can't copy to local drive either. Restarting the computer gets her going again, but you never know when it will happen again.

=============
Mens et Manus
=============

I've been googleing this like a madman. I see quite a number of people reporting this issue. Going back to 2004. No where has anyone posted a solution.

One chap said he opened a pss with MS, but he never posted anything back.

=============
Mens et Manus
=============

They using WinXP?

Is the PST on their workstation or on a network share? It might be worth testing if they can do this from another station that is known to work.

Hi PCE,

There is no problem doing from other workstations, for other users. So far it is only this user having the problem.

The PST is on a network share. The message is being copied via Outlook to a different network share. I'm checking into a post SP1 hotfix that is supposed to fix an OL2003 memory leak issue.

=============
Mens et Manus
=============

This problem occured on Windows NT machines too when networking components were added or removed after SP6 was installed. Adding components, it installed components from the SP0 or SP1

This might be the same kind of problem.

Try reinstalling the Service Pack on the client machine. This did the trick for NT. I won't hurt -- I hope ;-)

Thanks for the suggestion. The problem occured on her first computer. Then on her second. Very strange. But as you said, it couldn't hurt to try reapplying SP2 and post SP hotfixes.

=============
Mens et Manus
=============

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back