Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Storage Node cluster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigLouSCSA9

Technical User
Feb 22, 2003
US
Has anyone had to create a clustered environment for storage nodes? Is there a special networker storage node cluster SW? Or can this be done with regular client SW? Any ideas appreciated.

Hello,

Yes I have created clustered Storage Nodes on both Windows and Unix (AIX) environments. It can be done. What is SW? What kind of environment do you have?

Hello again. I think you mean Software by SW..... In any case what you need is the Storage Node option that comes will all media kits or it can be found at ftp.legato.com. If you installing in clustred windows environment all you have to do is install the storage node SW on both physical nodes. If you are installing it on Unix you would have to install NWclient and NWStrarage Node packages on both physical nodes as well. The most common configuration for a clustered Storage Node is to licence it as a SAN Storage Node and also acquire additional Dynamic Drive Sharing licencing that allows tape drive sharing between Storage Nodes and NW Server and also has the added advantage of backing up data directly to tape. During configuration you need to define both physical nodes and logical (whatever the number might be) in NetWorker Server Client Configuration.

Hope this helps...

Thanks Legato007!

This certainly helps! BTW the OS is Solaris8.

hello,

i´ve tried to install a w2k-cluster with 2 dedicated storage nodes - now i can backup the local data on each node but it doesn´t work to backup data from the virtual node. evironment: w2k active/active cluster with 6 fileshares, nsr ver.7.0

thx, cougar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back