Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Storage Limit Hit and Has Locked Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

iecff

MIS
Mar 3, 2003
US
My network has only 120 users. We have never limited the amount of space anyone can use. Well, you guessed it. This morning the server stopped responding having hit the 16.77 GB limit. I need some help.
I am defraging now. I don't believe that this will get me under the limit to be able to open Exchange to clear out some mailboxes. So, is there any way to get in there to delete a mailbox? Then, is there anyway to get into the priv.edb to move some mailboxes to my relatively unused pub.edb?
Needless to say, I can't be reached by e-mail at this time!

Use the Exmerge utility to export some of your mailboxes. This should give you a little room. Then you need to tell your users to archive or delete anything over six months old. The average mailbox size on your system is 140MB! You either need to impose some limits or upgrade to the Enterprise Edition.

Bob

Where can I find exmerge? I searched my server and it did not appear to be loaded.

The download location provided my Mitch seems to be improper. The link points to: "Exchange Server 5.5 Updated I Love You Utility 2.0 for Cleaning NewLove Virus" & not to "Exmerge".

Download exmerge from
"
The link to the zip file is
"
Let me know if you got your server up and running.

I use pst for my organization of 634 users.

Its easier to take backups, decreases server load & as an admin i wud suggest u start implememting PST.

Regards,

Nilesh Roy.
(MCSE+I, MCSE, CCNP, CCNA, CIW Admin)

------------------------------------------------------------
Hop in to to know more about me
------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back