Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stopping Users "Exiting" Realtime Monitor? (NT4) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasp101

MIS
Aug 16, 1999
NZ
<br>
Does anyone know how to prevent users from right-clicking on realtime monitor in the tasktray and exiting?<br>
<br>
I have locked it down so changing the settings is greyed out but users can still "exit" the monitor.<br>
<br>
Cheers

on your install cdrom there is a file called insthlpr.exe<br>this file will let you password protect the rtm on nt only<br>

I had the same problem and I just got done resolving after alot of wasted hours.&nbsp;&nbsp;CA docs are lame.&nbsp;&nbsp;You have to copy the insthlpr.exe file and the file queueid.ids into a directory.&nbsp;&nbsp;Then run the exe.&nbsp;&nbsp;If this is the first time, just type in the new password, and again to confirm.&nbsp;&nbsp;Copy the queueid.ids to the working inoculan dir.&nbsp;&nbsp;The same queueid.ids file worked for me w/ NT4 & Win95.

or if u are using avupdate then run insthlpr.exe in the inoculan\english\win95\ready\disk1<br>and then roll it out =:-]

Do not give the users administration rights, or power user rights on the nt station.&nbsp;&nbsp;Even if the exit is not grayed out, a message comes up stating that you do not have administration rights to exit.

hello, on our network we are having troubles with kids enabling and disabling realmon, how do I get it to grey it out????? The password thing doens't work, cause I don't even have that file on the CD.....running Etrust Inoculate 6 on Windows 98

Please help

Thanx

I would set a policy in the Admin Console of Etrust 6 to not allow them to change the realmon settings. Then select loc settings when applying the policy Thanks
Erik Butler
2000 MCSE
erikbutler@centurytel.net

The Realtime monitor which is avaible in the system tray is only a GUI. This GUI is change the realtime settings.

But the actual process which does the realtime scanning is
InoRT.exe. Even though the users exit the Realtime monitor the InoRT.exe process will still be running and protecting your system.

Thanks
VirusGuru

Hi,

The Realtime monitor which is avaible in the system tray is only a GUI. This GUI is change the realtime settings.

But the actual process which does the realtime scanning is
InoRT.exe. Even though the users exit the Realtime monitor the InoRT.exe process will still be running and protecting your system.

The above applied to Inoc 6.0

For Inoc 4.53
There is a document for the realtime password protection.

Thanks
VirusGuru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back