Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stopping Relaying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geyybecca

IS-IT--Management
Aug 13, 2002
GB
Hi,

I have set sendmail up on a linux box and I would like to control relaying. I am running Redhat 8.0 with the version of Sendmail that ships with. The feature I am trying to use is FEATURE(relay_local_from) the problem I have when trying to use this is I get the following error message when making the sendmail.cf file

/etc/mail/sendmail.mc:40: m4: Cannot open /usr/share/sendmail-cf/feature/'relay_local_from'.m4: No such file or directory the only way I can have my system relay for my domain is to enable FEATURE(`promiscuous_relay') needless to say I do not want the enabled for long.

Does anyone have any ideas ? MCSE,MCSA,MCP+i,MCP

OK I read through lots of previous posts and foudn a solution from RhythmAce's

I added this line FEATURE(`relay_local_from')dnl to my sendmail.mc file I have looked very closly at this and am buggered if I can see the deferance to what I had. Clearly there is something as it works now

thanks !!! MCSE,MCSA,MCP+i,MCP

does /usr/share/sendmail-cf/feature/relay_local_from.m4 exist? :)

in the Makefile (at least in mine) i have a VARIABLE called CFDIR set, what is yours set to, and does it have teh feature m4 files in it?

yeah its exists as mentioned above I have now fouund a solution by copying in this line FEATURE(`relay_local_from')
in place of the one I have which I think looked like this
FEATURE('relay_local_from') not much deferance I'll grant you but this is what fixed it

thanks again for the help

Ash MCSE,MCSA,MCP+i,MCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back