Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stopping Agent Login

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabrielfuller

IS-IT--Management
Feb 18, 2004
US
We have a set of public phones at our site that I do not want to allow agents to login to: they have been making long-distance calls from these access points. How can I stop them from using the feature access code to login to those phones and make long-distance calls?

Gabriel Fuller
Teen Mania Ministries

Create a new COR for those phones. Look at the COR for your long distance trunks. (disp tr ?)Set the new COR to N for the COR to your trunk group. (ch cor ?) Change the calling permissions. That should do it for you.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

Will that work? I want to keep people from logging into these phones and then using their agents to make calls. Wouldn't they still be able to login and then dial long distance? Let me knoew.

Gabe

Gabriel Fuller
Teen Mania Ministries

Just block long distance altogher on this set of public phones. Create new COR and make FRL very low.

That will not work. The agents can still login on top of the stations. I need to stop them from logging in.
Gabe

Gabriel Fuller
Teen Mania Ministries

How do your agents normally log in - do they use the FAC or do you have buttons assigned for them (as speed dials, etc)? The only thing I can think of is to change the agent login FAC and to not tell'em what the new FAC is.

You can also use the CMS Login/Logout report (Historical/Agent) to find out who is logging onto these phones, and then bring up the issue with those individuals.

OR, change the public phones to POTS lines, and ask your LEC to block LD calls on those lines.

Susan
[sub]You have all the characteristics of a popular politician: a horrible voice, bad breeding, and a vulgar manner.[/sub]
[sup]Aristophanes, 424 B.C.[/sup]

[sup]Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back