Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stopping a user in Outlook 98 sending msgs to others

Status
Not open for further replies.

arussell

MIS
Aug 6, 2000
GB
A bit of a strange query here - we want to set up a group of users with Outlook email (Exchange 5.5) but we want to severely restrict what these users can do with email - we've got an effective method of blocking internet mail and we can control who they can receive mail from via Delivery Restrictions tab in Exchange. But we'd really like to stop them sending messages to most people - they only have email for the purpose of emailing a couple of internal addresses.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Andy Russell

Boy, your company knows how to make employees unhappy. Does it really hurt to allow a few minutes a day for them to have outside contact. You can monitor there usage through the server. Outlook doesn't have those kinds of restrictions. Your best bet is to have them ask you to email for them.

Use a web-to-email form and put the "approved addresses" in a dropdown menu.

I have to agree with the previous poster though - show a complete lack of trust and you won't get trustworthy people.

Thanks for your comments - I only apply the policy - I don't write it!! I agree it is a bit harsh. Thanks for help.

Regards

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back