Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stop shared tasks from reminding other user?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ame540

Technical User
Sep 14, 2004
US
Seems like this should have been a simple thing to do, but maybe it's not possible!

Recently I have allowed permissions to another person on our exchange server to see my task list. This way the can see what things i am working on / have scheduled. I use tasks to schedule due dates for things, and also remind me when i need to work on part of the task.

This other user has opened my shared task list, and is now getting all my reminders. He does not need to be reminded of things, but only needs to be able to see what i have on my task list.

Is there a way to disable him from getting my reminders, while still keeping them active so that i get them (being the task "owner")

Both on Exchange 2010, i am using Outlook 2010, he is using Outlook 2011 for Mac (and another PC running Outlook 2007 from time to time).

Thanks! hope someone knows how to accomplish this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back