Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stop running windows installer and Microsot Office 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faheem786

Programmer
Sep 5, 2001
HK

Hi

I have placed a editor ie DHTMlEdit control in my form when i run the form it asks for Microsoft Office 2000 premium cd if i click cancel then it goes in to the form.This happens before the form is about to load.My requirement is anycode to automatically cancel this dialog box but this dialogbox appears before the form load where to insert the code to cancel the dialogbox automatically.I tried to create the Editor control at runtime so that we can trap the error after the formload but in vain iam not able to get the code for creating Editor at runtime..

Any solutions will be appreciated..
Thanks in advance

This problem with MS office can be due to lots of things, like changing the log in name on the PC and normally only occurs once per user. What happens if do you put the CD in the drive, and what happens if you cancel ?

Richard

I am using a Editor control ie DHTMLEdit to have HTMl functions when i drag this control in to any form it asks for the CD..If u cancel it automatically goes in to the form to execute the rest process..While if the CD is put in the drive and installed then nothing will be asked obviously...As this is a product of us we have to install in clients place so we cant expect others to install the same in their pc..As it is performing the operation without Bug when it is cancelled i like to cancel the operation by code..I also tried to end the process in taskmanager but in vain..Any other option..suggest me pls

I have tried this under both Office 2000 and Office 2003 without any problems. I just create a form in VBA (Excel), add the DHTMLEdit control and then call the form with Form.show and it works. I presume you must be doing something different

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back