Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

stop printing suppressed blank page

Status
Not open for further replies.

smeyer

IS-IT--Management
Nov 15, 2002
US
I have a report that is three pages long for various locations and two pages for others. The last page is suppressed based upon the location and no data is visible but the third page prints no matter what. I would like to not print this page at all instead of printing a blank page.

Any ideas?

Have you tried going to format section->suppress blank section for each section?

-LB

the question is...Why are you getting the blank page?? lbass's solution should stop the page from printing but why is it being generated??

Jim Broadbent

I have 5 subreports in the main report and the last two are the ones I need to not print. I can suppress them but I think the main report is holding this page open and printing it blank.

why are they there and not printed?? is it a conditional thing....to minimize the space....make those subreports as thin as possible in the main report but enable the "Can Grow" so they will be regular size if needed....Snug up the borders as tight as possible....the sections with subreports can example if they need to.

Jim Broadbent

How is this last page suppressed?

What version of Crystal?

A suppressed section doesn't print, so you may not be suppressing the entire section.

I generally create separate sections for each subreport (right click the section and select insert section below).

To conditionally suppress, right click a section->Format Section->and place your code in the X-2 next to Suppress.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back