Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

stop my artwork from moving\(scrolling) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

V777

Vendor
Sep 27, 2010
GB
hi guys!
I'd like to learn illustrator cs5 and I'm doing a video-course,but my artwork keeps moving,because I have Apple mouse with scrolling function and it's very annoying.
Please help me to find a way to pin my artwork so it is in fixed position.
It should be easy but I can't find an answer....:/
tha

...check the apple systems preference pane and turn the scrolling functions off found in the mouse settings...

andrew

============
============

How to pin page in Illustrator CS5 so it doesn't move,scroll,stays in fixed position?

...unsure what you are needing here, as illustrator art board will always be scrollable inside the window by way of either the mouse (if you allow scrolling on your mouse) or by way of the window bars found on the edge of the document window...

...if you don't allow scrolling with your mouse then the only way the art board moves would be manually moving the window document bars or using the space bar short cut in illustrator to invoke the hand tool...

andrew

============
============

But it's annoying and unpractical and I believe there is an option , some thing like a lock -u press it and page inside of illustrator is blocked from moving.It's Illustrator after all...

...unfortunately no function in illustrator allows this, feel free to send Adobe a feature request they can add to the list of many other feature requests they deal with...

...it could end up being one of those features that might become annoying to have the art board locked in a workflow, because so often you need the freedom to zoom in on intricate small scale artwork...

...having to unlock the art board might well just become annoying to unlock when you forget it is locked in a workflow, a the moment you will have to just not move the art board, avoid zooming in and turn off the scrolling of your mouse...

andrew

============
============

the page moves? Is this new in CS5?
? ? ?...

'There is no LEASH LAW for the IMAGINATION!'
myspace.com/erixworx

At the very least you can position your artboard how you like and save a new view (View -> New View...) and then create an action that selects that view. Further, assign a key board shortcut or F-key to that action so when it does scroll you can at least fix it quickly.

One would have to wonder what it is you're doing with your scroll wheel that causes AI to scroll. It's only going to scroll if your mouse is hovering over the work area so it would seem, what ever it is your doing, do it somewhere else.

Follow me on twitter or just ask me anything. @ask_illustrator
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

Hi V777, you are not alone, I have the same problem. I can't think what it is I am doing to cause it though. Anoying isn't it?

Why would we be seeking an Adobe solution to an Apple issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back