Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stop mouse scroll in form 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dswitzer

Technical User
Aug 2, 2002
US
I have a form with multiple drop-down boxes.

The page is long and as such, the user will need to scroll down to access all the drop-down boxes.

My problem is that -- when focus is still in a drop-down box, and the mouse is used to scroll down the page -- as you can already guess -- the scroll just changes the drop-down box value.

Is there a way to disable mouse-scrolling? Other ideas?

Thanks.

I know this doesn't help exactly...however, I would have said that this is standard Windows behaviour. For all you know, a user of the site may wish to scroll through the drop down options with their mouse.

Yeah - I do understand that and if this were a regular site - I would agree. I should have added that this is for an operations center -- and in this case, to put it bluntly, user's wishes are less important than productivity.

Any other ideas? I'm cool with disabling the mouse-scroll for the entire page if there aren't any box-specific ways to stop this -- but am not sure how to go about that either -- any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks.

this thread, look for the post by BillyRayPreachersSon (3/4s way down)

thread215-809073

a forum search can usually find an answer here!

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
A website that proves the cobblers kids adage.
Nightclub counting systems

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Excellent.

I wrapped that div tag around my select box -- which disabled scrolling there -- but maintained ability to scroll down the page!

very cool. I appreciate the assist.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back