Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

stop messages because of driver...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elmer205

Technical User
Mar 4, 2001
US
I just installed a new video card, the I/O magic 32 Mb PCI TNT2, on my system. The driver that I use is the Nvidia Riva TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro. Version 6.3.4.0. The problem is that it does not have a digital signature by Microsoft for some reason I don't understand. I have the Windows 2000 Professional edition, built on Windows NT technology. Now after I installed it, I soon got all of this "stop messages" about drivers or some sort and suggested that I re-install the driver. It also suggested something about disabling the Bios cache or Shadow cache, something like that. So I have no clue. Any explanation or help is greatly appreciated.

For most AGP graphics cards it is a good idea to stop the BIOS from shadowing video memory.

You need to set this in your systems BIOS.

You don't say what your motherboard is, but usually there's a message on startup telling you to press Del, F1, Ctrl+Alt+Esc or something like that to enter setup.

Post details of your motherboard if you need more help with this.

Good Luck!

Its a PCI video card and that message suggests that I should turn the shadowing off, like you said. However, it does not work, even if I turned off the Shadowing cache and Video cache. My motherboad is the Acer Aopen AX59 pro. Any more tips would be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back