Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stop mailbox answering after 2nd call

Status
Not open for further replies.

teleman

Vendor
Mar 14, 2003
CA
Customer has a 6X16 DR5 wth Disconnnect, and a 2 port flash.
The business is setup with a auto attendent after the first ring, then a small tree is offered. The Problem that is happening is when a caller presses 1 to go to dispatch and the dispatch is on the phone it goes to vmail(a second caller can't get thru). The dispatch has 2 intercoms, forward no answer is none, forward when busy is none. Because there is no hunt groups I setup an answer DN on another set (it does not have vmail).
Any ideas???

Teleman
RA

Question: Is there a reason for not having a hunt group? If you had one (as I'm sure you know) this problem would not exsist. Also, how many ports do the VM have and do you have it answering all lines or just the main one?

A few things you could try:

Increase the number of IC on dispatchers set (especially if this is the set that gets 1'ed out to). 4 is a good number (or however many lines that are coming into the system +1, hopefully they have a 7324). You can also program the 7310 buttons on top for Lines as well.

....[ponder]as I think about this that is the only thing I can think of.

With much respect to my distinguished collegue 'exsmogger' If DND was active then no calls would be received. IMHO.

Please repost to let me know how you fixed it.

Glenn

I believe 6X16's only offer 2 intercoms, they also don't have hunt groups. The vmail is a 2 port as stated, it answers all 4 lines, line appeareance is not an issue. DND when busy is what was refered to, it well allow the first call, not the second call.
Thanks for you imput.
RA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back