Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stop Kmode Exception Not Handled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshi

IS-IT--Management
Jun 1, 2001
GB
Hi,

I am recieving Stop Kmode Exception Not Handled 80118649 Has Base At 80100000 Ntoskrnl.exe in Winnt4 Workstation with SP6.This only happens when i try to update a couple off Excel files.Is there somebody out there who knows how to fix this.Pls reply.

Thanks.

Hi folks
i tried to upgrade nt workstation to nt server.it went without any glitch.but once it restarted it gavce the blue screen with headig kmode exception not handled.how to get out of this situation.if anybody could help me

thanks & regards
natwar singh

The Kmode error indicates and incorrectly configured device driver. The driver name is usually just after the error. Check your device drivers.
James P. Cottingham

I am the Unknown lead by the Unknowing.
I have done so much with so little
for so long that I am now qualified
to do anything with nothing.

This error message was due to data encryption software.The software was trying to encrypt the user`s h/dd on his laptop,but because the user was not a member of the correct NT group the software could not create a recovery file on the server which resulted in no data being encrypted.Once the user had been added to the correct group his h/dd started to encrypt & their have been no more instances off this particular error.

Thanks for your replies.

Joshi.

I am also getting this error when I install an epson printer driver and reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back