Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stop Error "Inaccessible Boot Device" --Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

damonbla

Technical User
Jun 17, 2002
US
I have a HP Pavilion P3-1Ghz.512M Ram... Win 2000 Pro
My system was running fine... The other day I noticed Roxio Easy CD creator 5.0 Plat running sluggish and then finally froze up. This was the 3rd if 4th time I'd had trouble with this program, so.. I uninstalled it.... Then without rebooting I reinstalled a fresh copy... When the install was done it asked me to reboot... This is when the Blue Stop Error Screen saying "Inaccessible Boot Device" came up... I could not boot in Safe mode. I tried the option to restore the last known good config and the computer started up fine.... I then powered it down a day later for a storm near my home.. When I tried to boot up after the storm, I continue to get the Blue Stop Screen with the same message... I've tried System Recovery Console on the CD with no luck.. Tried FIXMBR and FIXBOOT from the console. I am able to view the drive contents when I boot up with a Win98 floppy.... Please help.... Damon, Houston, TX

When I copy the files from the CD, where on the boot drive do I copy them to? Do I just leave them in the C: root directory?

Yes, the go into the root of c ( c:\ ).

The files which are in there now are hidden and usually only visable in Recovery console. New Zealand, a great place to live.
tokala@orcon.net.nz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back