Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

stop error 0C000021A

Status
Not open for further replies.

AyyTee1

Technical User
Dec 27, 2002
US
I hope I am asking this in the right place. I have a computer that gives me a blue screen of death even in safe mode or when I try to do last known configuration. I found this:
and when I go use repair with the windows cd, it asks me to choose which windows to repair. I see the normal windows one on c, but I also see f:\minint-?? I have never seen this before. I am guessing this might be the culprit? any suggestions will help. Thank you.

That's normal for some OEM systems. If I remember correctly, that's actually your factory diagnostic/restore partition. Repair the normal 'C:' installation.

ok thanks. I was able to do a chkdsk /r on c and I was hoping that might help my problem, but unfortunately, it didn't help. I also tried to do what that microsoft link told me to do, but when I tried to execute dr watson, it told me it wasn't a good command.

0xC000021A: STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED

This occurs when Windows switches into kernel mode and a user-mode subsystem, such as Winlogon or the Client Server Runtime Subsystem (CSRSS), is compromised. Security can no longer be guaranteed. Because Win XP can’t run without Winlogon or CSRSS, this is one of the few situations where the failure of a user-mode service can cause the system to stop responding. This Stop message also can occur as a result of malware infestation or when the computer is restarted after a system administrator has modified permissions so that the SYSTEM account no longer has adequate permissions to access system files and folders.

GoBack Causes a Stop Error C000021a {KB 316503} Win XP
Internet Explorer Maintenance Policies May Cause an Access Violation in Winlogon {KB 318666} Win XP Pro

Source: aumha.org

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

Thank you for your help. I ended up doing a repair install of windows. I am able to login now. It might have been viruses that caused this. antivirus xp 2008 was popping up. so I got rid of that and am now doing a scan in safe mode. again, thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back