Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STOP c000021a after changing registry Preload Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
After installing WinNT 4.0 Workstation with SP6a with networkcard (without any problems), I'm changing the registry key "My Computer\HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Keyboard Layout\Preload" from value "00000409" to "0000080c".

After reboot I get a STOP screen :
STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error).
The Windows Logon Process System Process terminated unexpectedly with status of 0x00000401 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down.

I already did several possibilities like install without network, with SP6a or not, ...

Is there anybody who can help me ?????

Try seeing what xxgina.dll files are in the c:\winnt\system32 subdirs, rename all but msgina.dll to something like xxgina.old, and try rebooting. If that doesn't work, copy msgina.dll to whatever xxgina.dll was. i.e. look for something like hpgina.dll, and then rename it to hpgina.old, and see if that works, and if not, copy msgina.dll to hpgina.dll and see if that helps.

Tried the same with a custom keyboard layout dll and changed the preload value to 0x00000600 and
got the same STOP message (cant remember the status-code).

The custom kbd.dll works quite right in userland.

There exists a KB article which describes the same procedere for a dvorac keyboard dll.

I think it has to do with those langage id's and for which locale the system is installed first time.

Since i could'nt figure out how NT manages locale input id's and which will be supported by the NT OS i got tired of all those blue screens.

Has anyone else an answer ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back