Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stop automatic Presentation Server Client mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

awaywifye

Programmer
Jul 1, 2004
US
Enduser using ica 8.0.2x

Recently I added a second monitor to my system and split the desktop over both monitors. As soon as I did, all the applications opened within citrix windows open in a "MetaFrame Presentation Server Client[SpeedScreen On]" window. This window spans both monitors with the actual application opening in a small portion of this wrapper.

If I disable the second monitor, the citrix applications will open without the large wrapper. Minimizing the applications in this route will send them to my toolbar, whereas, minimizing the applications in the Presentation Server mode sends the application to a distant corner of the wrapper forcing me to hunt it down.

I took a different monitor to a different type of machine and had a different user log onto that machine. That user split the desktop over both monitors and immediately experienced the same issue. (ruling out a "just me" issue)

From what I can make out, one of the config files saves on the machine must save this information for use by the ICA. Is there any way to disable the ICA from recognizing that I have 2 monitors?

Ok, did a little more research here.

1) The applications are supposed to open in a "seamless" mode which they appear to do when only one monitor is enabled.
2) The monitors are at 2 seperate resolutions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back