Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stop and Restart of UCM 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

config5623

Programmer
Jul 22, 2012
US
Hi all,

I've had issues where an UCM must be forced to stop then restart. Our engineer that does this doesn't want to share this information with others. I know he uses IE or Firefox and connects to the UCM entering https:\\ IP Address:7071 then uses linux commands. Could someone provide me the procedure to do this. I've tried to google this but can't locate the information.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks

If you have access to SystemStatus then you can shutdown and start the UCM module from there.

Fire the engineer or find a more cooperative one.

Withholding information could easily constitute Misconduct or even gross misconduct.
Intrigrant is corect if this Engineer does not start to co-operate then he should be passed through your discipline procedures.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Amen to that IPGuru, intrigrant.

I can access System Status, I was just curious how he is accessing the UCM by way of web page and using Linux commands. I started in Telcom in the 1A2 days and everyone helped each other even if they worked for another company. A lot of techs these days look at it as job security. Times have changed, that's why Tek-Tips is a great resource. Everyone offering up their experience.

Thanks and take care!

It is not possible to execute linux commands in the maintenance web page but there are some settings which can be edited and you can start and stop services there.
To execute linux commands you need to open a shell (telnet or SSH) session to the UCM module.

Read this, it is for the Server Edition but most applies to the UCM as well.

HI intrigrant, that is what he is doing stopping and starting services. I'll click on read this in your response and see what linux commands he used. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back