Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stop 0X00000076 and 0x000000CB msg

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearbear1982

Technical User
Jul 3, 2001
DE
need help with this two blue screen. I always get it after i try to quit playing an online game. i detect it and found that theres a problem with the afd.sys file. i check with microsoft, but dont know where or how to get the latest version of the afd.sys.

thanks in advance

Are you using a dial up connection or cable/dsl connection? Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

James Collins
Computer Hardware Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

i'm usin a dsl connection, with rasppoe. Its a dial up dsl connection...
i uninstall win2k sp2, but the problem is still there, thanks for helping..

You can reinstall SP2. The error stems from your DSL hardware POSSIBLY being bad. The error normally stems from faulty network cards or SAP packets being bad. But your DSL card is essentially the same as a Network card. So it may have problems. How long has this been happening? Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

James Collins
A+, MCP

It only occur after i install win2k. I dont have this problem with win98

Are the DSL card drivers the corect one for Win2K. Also remember Win2K handles packets better than 98. The isse may have been there, jst not noticeable. Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

James Collins
A+, MCP

i tried with other network card, but the problem is still there... any clue?
in microsoft knowledge base, the said something about winsock switching or disconnecting that will cause this problem and need a new version of afd.sys but then they said it will only be out with the nxt service pack, and if i need it now i will have to ask them to send me n i got to pay..
so i'm looking for other solutions

thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back