Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STOP: 0x0000006B (0xC000012F,0x00000003,................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 31, 2003
CA
hi all,

i used window 2000 pro for my PC all the time, but dont know why, last time when i formatted my harddisk and tried to install a new flash window 2000 pro(using same CD everytime i install).
and BLUE SCREEN came out:

STOP: 0x0000006B (0xC000012F,0x00000003.0x00000000.0x00000000)
PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

if this is the first time.............................................................................................................................................................................
contact your hardware tech.............

after i saw this blue screen it dont let me install at all, even i reboot again.
also i did read some of the resource from microsoft or others forum site. some of them teached me to disabled all shadows memory in BIOS, or remove all the hardware possible, (so i tried only plug Video card GF2 GTS AGP, one CD-ROM, one IBM 80G 7200 harddisk, CPU AMD 700MHZ slot,
512MB ram 133MHz, motherbroard ASUS K7V with onboard soundcard, BUT STILL CAN'T INSTALL)

before i thought only me had this problem, but then my gf asked me to reinstall her win2000 pro, coz her PC got virus. so i FDISK her Harddisk and install a new win2000pro
(before i FDISK and format she was using win2000 pro too, and i already cleared all the virus using Notron Anti 2003)
but after i format and used win2000pro boot disk to reboot
and tried to install win2000pro, SAME MESSAGE APPEAR......WHY??????? (before she was using win2000pro all the time too, NEVER changed any hardware, so i dont think it was hardware problems

Please help me out!!!

P.S. Funny things was: we can install Window XP on those PC, and working prefect, why we can install before but now can't? is it becoz my gf got virus before and i havent competely clear the virus or?????? help!!! i really need my window 2000 pro back...help!!!

P.S. we was using the same window 2000 pro CD to install all the time. so this CD is work for sure.

anyways, thx for help and the time for reading my problem.

some detail adding:

SP2 pack integrated on the CD.

I don't even get to the point where I get the option to select which partition to install it to. It hangs up at the last stage of "booting" from the CD before I have any options presented to me.

I already did the partitions also they are freshly reformatted.

tired mulitiple w2k disks too

Difficult to diagnose - these stop errors always are.

May be a hardware issue - but in that case its odd you have same issue on 2 machines at the same time. You said one machine had a virus - it wasn't a boot sector (mbr) virus by any chance? Such a virus could cause a problem of this sort - by corrupting files the install process is reading off the the CD in memory. But they're not very common. Might be worth creating a win98 boot disk on a machine you know is clean, then write protecting it and boot 2 problem PC's with it. Run fdisk /mbr on both.

i did used four win2k boot disk to boot both PC
and i made those disk long time ago.
so they are clean for sure.
plus, i did the fdisk /mbr too

so it wont be virus problems

.......poor my pc....

just tested other win2000 pro CD

i started with 4 floopy boot,
and selection came out, so selected a drive to install,
but blue screen came out again:

C0000135 Unknown Hard Error

if i use back my own win2000 pro SP2 CD
i mean use those 4 floopy to boot up, it will said
came out another blue screen
but not the one with:

STOP: 0x0000006b (the blue screen that i mention at the first post)

but a new one said some SP2 files are error or unreadable
i'm almost getting crazy........plz help.....how come so many blue screen...??? i never had those problems before
i installed win2000 pro so many time on my PC before, how come those blue screen will suddendly came out?

P.S. no addition hardware added

Only thing that occurs to me is that you have a hardware component that has started failing. That's causing the corruption of the installation files and the error messages. Which would need a process of elimination to find.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Hello helphelp123

Don't use FDISK to Partition or Format your HD if you are going to do a clean install of Win2000. Your 2000 CD Setup disk will do it for you.

Take a Win 98 boot disk and use FDISK to delete the DOS and Non DOS partitions if you have any. Restart your computer. DO NOT FORMAT.

Now you have a clean hard drive. Put your 2000 CD in the CD Drive shut off the computer. Turn the computer back on then you will see a message something like, Boot from CD? Press Enter, the computer will Boot from the CD and it will start Setup. Now just follow the instructions.

Let use know what happens.

Good luck
spool

maybe its your 2000 disk. Do you have a 2000 w/sp3 disk? I had similar issues with 2000 w/sp2. One fix that worked for me was to remove all other devices i.e. sound card modem network card and just use the most basic video card. once 2k is installed re add all your devices one by one to see if you receive the error.

check your mouse. this sounds wierd but i came across this problem on about 5-7 different computers(all identical components)using the microsoft wheel optical mouse. i had never loaded the intellipoint 4.0 software(never had to--or wanted to--on other machines either). on a last ditch effort i loaded it and had no more trouble. i also switched to a different kind of mouse and that also worked. also try re-seating your memory if you havent already done so

Hey HelpHelp,

Don't feel alone. I am having the exact same problem with an 80GB Seagate drive. I swapped to another HDD which isn't having any issues w/ Win2k, and I moved the "blue screen" drive to primary slave. W Explorer saw the Seagate but couldn't access it!

When my Seagate was the master, I couldn't even get DOS to recognize it, but my BIOS was seeing it perfectly. Still haven't been able to do @#!! w/ it. I'll stay tuned to this thread.

Frank G.

By the way, I called Seagate and their Master/Slave settings indicated on the HDD were all screwed up. Purchased recently 5/03 80gb, you might call Seagate to get correct settings.
SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back