Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stop 0x00000050 errors.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highland

MIS
Jul 4, 2001
GB
Can anyone point me in the right direction to resolve the following problem....???

Consistently (at least 1 per day) getting Stop 0x00000050 errors the extended parameters are fairly consistent -

eg..STOP: 0x00000050 (0xA466F000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0xC02919BC)

According to M'soft the first parameter is the virtual address causing the fault and the fourth parameter is "opaque information interpreted by the kernel"...

In all cases the fault is in the range A4xxxxxx and the fourth parameter C029xxxx....

Using PSTAT our printer drivers are all shown as A3xxxxxx with nothing being loaded in A4xxxxxx (when I use PSTAT)

We have removed Anit-virus software and a couple of suspect fonts but still getting the errors....

Any ideas...???

Is there any way of determining the range of addresses used by drivers...?? How can I find what is using the A4xxxxxx addresses....?? Is it also possible that a driver "thinks" it should be using A4xxxxxx but isn't...??

Any info much appreciated.....

Should have added its Metaframe 1.8 on NT Terminal Server with SP6....

Various models of Compaq Proliant....

I had this problem last week and it was a Print driver Issue. The printer was a HP LJ 5000 or something, and I just put the good old 5si PS drivers, and it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back