Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

stonefield

Status
Not open for further replies.

budman48

MIS
Dec 20, 2002
US
I'm trying to use odbc to define the location of my vfp database within my stonefield script. My problem initially was setting things up on my network and then moving everything to my client's network where the location of the database will be different client by client. I can't seem to create an odbc data source using the VFP driver. My thought was that I could create a data source on each client site defining the location of the database on that specific network. Anyone got a better idea?

Can you use a file dsn with vfp?

"I think we're all Bozos on this bus!" - Firesign Theatre [jester]

Thanks Artie, but I think we found a way to do this. We are calling Stonefield from with in our VFP app. We already know where the data is stored before we call Stonefield we will create the script each time using variables defining the path to the data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back