Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stock Ticker Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

whodeycp

MIS
Oct 11, 2007
US
I have a XHTML page that I am using for a digital signage display. I have flash content with a stock and weather feed on the page. I am bringing the stock and weather feed in using an iFrame so I can have those sections refresh every half an hour. I want to be able to disable the stock from refreshing after a certain at night and then start back up again in the morning at a certain time. Does anyone have any ideas for this? I would like the stock to stop at 5PM and start around 7AM.

If you're using META REFRESH, then you'd need to use some sort of server-side detection of the time to output (or not) those tags.

For this, you'd need to ask in the forum most appropriate to your server-side scripting language (ASP, JSP, etc).

If you're not using META REFRESH tags, perhaps you could elaborate on what you are using?

Hope this helps,
Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

[tt]Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch
[/tt]

Just to add to BillyRay's answer: If you are using Javascript, you might want to ask in the Javascript forum.

As it stands, there is no way HTML can control the time of the refresh.

forum216

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back