Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STK L700 and McData 4500

Status
Not open for further replies.

STK321

Vendor
Oct 22, 2004
US
I have two L700 libraries connected to different McData 4500 switches that once in a while will lose connectivity to the switch and I have to reboot the lbrary. I have the ports on the switch hard coded to FL ports and everything is zoned.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

what kind of drives? If they are LTO2, check the firmware and have STK put the latest on them. There was Firmware issues with IBM LTOG2 and the McData 4500 switch.

Hi..

Remember that you have to configure que LTO tape drives in a Fabric Port, this is the correct manner to do that.

In the library you have to enter in the menu, in the opcion "configuration", later "device configuraion" and select each tape drive that appears here. in each drive you have to select de configuration for de wwn adrress if is FC, if the tape drive is SCSI you have to select de SCSI ID configuration. If is SCSI you have to put de id "126" and the drive log on in the switch as a "Fabric Port", if is FC you have to select hard adrress "disabled". This is because the tape drives have to logon into a SAN.

Hi..

Remember that you have to configure que LTO tape drives in a Fabric Port, this is the correct manner to do that.

In the library you have to enter in the menu, in the opcion "configuration", later "device configuraion" and select each tape drive that appears here. in each drive you have to select de configuration for de wwn adrress if is FC, if the tape drive is SCSI you have to select de SCSI ID configuration. If is SCSI you have to put de id "126" and the drive log on in the switch as a "Fabric Port", if is FC you have to select hard adrress "disabled". This is because the tape drives have to logon into a SAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back